Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fried Ravioli


The other day I made ravioli- it was good, but not great. So, this afternoon, I decided to use the leftover sauce and try something new.... YUM!! The other thing I like about this recipe is that it is SO fast!

20 frozen ravioli ( I recommend thin ravioli- Seviroli is my favorite brand)
1.5 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
a few fresh leaves of basil torn

Prepare your ravioli as directed on pkg (normally bring your water to a boil, add the ravioli and boil for 3-5 minutes). When the ravioli start to float, drain them. When you've dumped out all of the water, add 2 tbsp of butter to your pan. Once your butter is melted (burner on med/high heat) add your ravioli. Once they start to just barely brown on one side- approximately 2 minutes- flip them and brown them - again about minutes- on the other side.






Put them on a plate, spoon spaghetti sauce on top and then sprinkle grated Parmesan and basil on top. (I like a little less sauce- Aaron likes his smothered with sauce. I also like the basil and Parmesan. Aaron likes it plain!) The pic above is of Aaron's plate... smothered in sauce- no toppings!

No comments: