Saturday, July 19, 2008

Breakfast Burrito


I make very simple breakfast burritos. My husband and I neither one like the omelet type breakfast burrito. These are so easy and are so yummy.

8 eggs scrambled
6 slices deli ham- chopped
3 tbsp butter or margarine
1/4 cup minced onion
4 slices deli swiss cheese
4 large or 6 small flour tortillas
2 tbsp chunky salsa for each large burrito (1-1 1/2 tbsp for each small burrito)

Melt butter in a skillet. Add onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes until onions are translucent. Add eggs. Add cheese and ham. Cook until the egg is cooked through, stirring just a few times. Heat tortillas in the microwave for about 10 seconds on each side so that you can fold them. Spread the salsa onto the tortillas. Divide the egg mixture up into the tortillas. Fold the bottom up, then fold in both sides and then roll to the top. Serve and enjoy!

** I add hot sauce to mine and my husband's. I omit it so that it doesn't end up on the ones I make for my kids! You can obviously make it with additional veggies, too! It's just whatever you like on yours :)

No comments: