Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Brownie Bites


So- I cannot make brownies from scratch! I make them from a box. They are my favorite dessert but lately I've been kindof bored of plain brownies. So, I started making up some different combinations- I used them as a snack at a party and they were a big hit. I've since made more and everyone that has them loves them! I make them in a mini muffin pan and my kids love to help me! They love that the brownies are just their size- so here are a few ways to top your brownies! You can use any of your favorite chocolate(ish) candy! (I use the mini muffin pan and the mini tart shaper from Pampered Chef to shape the brownies).

You just make up your favorite brownie batter. Then once they're baked, you push down the middle with the mini tart shaper and make the brownie like a little bowl. Then you fill it with whatever you like best!

1) Cream Cheese Frosting and top with a raspberry or a slice of strawberry
2) Caramel and Walnuts
3) mini Reese Peanut Butter Cups and top with a couple peanut butter chips (pictured above)
4) *do not make brownies into a bowl with the mini tart shaper* Melt Andes mints and drizzle over the top of the brownies. Let cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar
5) Bite size candy bars- snickers, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way
6) Rolos
7) Chocolate covered cherries
8) Marshmallow creme
9) York Peppermint patty


***When making the ones with the peanut butter cups, you actually add the pb cup before baking the brownies! You fill your mini muffin pan cups about 1/2 full and then add the pb cup and then bake- for about 10 minutes.

No comments: