Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lime Chicken and Black Bean Burritos

These are so easy and so yummy. I made them tonight and my kids all asked for seconds (and even a third!) and asked me if we can have them 'a lot of times'!!

Flour tortillas
Rotisserie chicken
1 lime
Black beans- I used 1 can per 4 burritos
Shredded cheese (I prefer colby jack- but tonight I just had cheddar- so that's what I used)

Shred your rotisserie chicken. (You could use any kind of chicken you prefer.) Add the juice and zest of one lime. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, allowing the chicken to absorb the lime flavor. Layer 2-3 heaping tbsp of beans, some chicken and some cheese into a tortilla. Roll them up burrito style (tucking the ends). Put them on a griddle (or a pan on the stovetop) for about 2 minutes on each side. Let each side brown lightly. Unroll and add toppings of your choice: guacamole, shredded lettuce, chopped cilantro, chopped tomato, sour cream.

2 comments:

The Ratliff's said...

hey thanks, i was looking for something easy and quick to do tonight for dinner before the boys t ball games, thanks

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

This looks awesome! I am going to pin this right now!