Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hobo Stew

This is one of my favorite soup recipes... there really isn't a recipe. You just throw in whatever you have! I always add veggies, beans and spices. Beyond that, I let the kids each pick out a can of something from the pantry, we throw it in and eat it! So, it's always different. It's SO yummy!! This batch turned out really good.

4 carrots, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup kale (rough chopped)
1 can of corn
1 can of green beans
1 can of white beans
1 can of red beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 lb of cooked hamburger
6 cloves garlic
1 can of vegetable stock
3 cups of water
1 tbsp beef base (3 beef bouillon cubes)
Spices to taste- garlic powder, thyme, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin

Cook hamburger with onion, garlic and carrots. Drain. Drain cans of veggies and beans and add to soup. Add all remaining ingredients. Heat through. Serve.
Great served with rolls or cornbread.

***Like I said- add whatever you have, whatever you like. Change the veggies, the meat, the spices. It is always different and always yummy! Normally I add potatoes- I forgot this time. If I have celery, I always add it. I don't like tomatoes- so I don't add them unless my kids pick the can out of the pantry.

No comments: