- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Season the 8 chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in a row to add filling and have space to roll.
- Cream together cream cheese, green onions and tarragon. Spread equal amounts of cream cheese filling on the chicken breasts.
- Starting at the smaller end, roll each chicken breast gently towards the wider end until closed. Wrap each with a slice of bacon.
- Place in ungreased baking dish. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter and brush onto chicken bundles. Cover with foil.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. on middle oven rack. After 20 to 25 min.; uncover and brown under the broiler 5 to 7 min. It will get a light brown kiss from the additional heat.
- While chicken is baking, prepare rice by bringing chicken broth, rice and garlic to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 min. or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove rice from heat and add remaining butter, lemon juice, zest and dill. Place rice on a serving platter. Place bundles on the rice. Generously ladle the pan juices down the center of the bundles. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Joy Bundles and Rice
(adapted from Taste of Home)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut crosswise in half 1 pinch salt and pepper 1 pkg. (8 oz.)Cream Cheese, softened 4 green onions chopped 1/4 tsp dried Tarragon (or 1 tsp fresh chopped) 8 strips turkey bacon (I didn't have turkey bacon- I used good ol' pork bacon) 4 Tbsp. butter, divided 2-1/4 cups chicken broth 2 cups uncooked rice pilaf (I used Minute rice- with just 2 cups of chicken broth) 3 cloves garlic, chopped 1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice 2 tsp. lemon zest 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill (or 1 tbsp dry dill weed) 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley