Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Chilli Dog & Tater Casserole

There is no picture-- but this is way easy and my kids ate it up!! I was feeling a bit lazy. The kids wanted french fries and chili dogs. I didn't have any frozen french fries and I didn't want to make homemade fries :) - but I did have frozen hashbrown potatoes (the little square country style ones). So, I decided to make my own casserole. Aaron and I actually liked it too!

3 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 bag frozen potatoes
dash of salt
2 hot dogs chopped
1 can chili (I used chili with beans)
1 cup cheddar cheese- shredded
optional: mustard, chopped onion, etc...

Heat your oil through. Add potatoes. Fry until they are cooked through (we like them kinda crucnchy). Add a dash of salt. Add hot dogs. Cook until the hot dogs are cooked through. Add chili. Serve. Top with cheese, onion, mustard, etc...

1 comment:

GordonandChrissy said...

Yum, that sounds really good!!!