Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shrimp Tacos

(Sorry for the picture quality. My camera isn't working- so I had to take a picture with my phone.)

I cannot find the original recipe- so I can't give credit to whoever came up with this recipe (I will keep looking- and if I find it, I'll post it on here). But let me tell you. These are A-MA-ZING!!! I LOVE them. I crave them. They are SO yummy!!!!! And SO easy!! They are light and refreshing.


INGREDIENTS:
Slaw:
Mix together.
4 Cups shredded Green Cabbage
3 tbsp Lime Juice
1 1/2 tsp dried Oregano

Dressing:
Blend together.
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Cilantro
1/2 Avocado
3 tbsp Lime Juice
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper

1 lb cooked Shrimp (deveined, peeled, tail off)-- very lightly season with salt and pepper.
1 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Corn Tortillas

INSTRUCTIONS:
Lightly fry your corn tortillas (about 30-45 seconds on each side). Add your shrimp, dressing, slaw and top with cheese. Serve warm.

***You can of course top it with other toppings- tomato, fresh cilantro, whatever you like.

No comments: