* 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons grated onion
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 3 drops hot pepper sauce
* 6 ounces premium crabmeat, drained
* 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
* 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
* Assorted crackers
In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Stir in crab and 2 tablespoons parsley; heat through.
Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds, paprika and remaining parsley. Serve warm with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3-1/4 cups.
This is really yummy! And, it is not 'crabby' at all-- I would actually even add a little more crab than the recipe calls for.