Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lettuce Wraps


I made the best ever lettuce wraps. I could eat these every day! I made up a corn and black bean salsa recipe and made these wraps. So in this recipe, nothing is exact!

1 head of bib lettuce
grilled chicken (I am lazy and used frozen pre-grilled chicken strips)
guacamole

Corn and Black Bean Salsa
1 lb bag frozen corn (fresh grilled corn on the cob if you can)
1 can of black beans, drained
1/4 jalapeno, diced super small
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cumin
(Also, I added a chopped tomato for my husband- but ended up making another batch without the tomato for myself. I HATE tomatoes.)

Guacamole
1 avocado mashed
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 cup minced red onion
garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste (I think I used about 1/2 tsp each of the onion and garlic powder and maybe 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper)

Heat the chicken strips. Spread a little guacamole on a piece of lettuce. Add a few pieces of chicken. cover with salsa. ENJOY!!

No comments: